Friday, July 24, 2009

Visa

I just feel like crying.
I got my passport back yesterday and the embassy gave me E-2 status (teacher). With E-2 status, I can't be a TaLK exchange student. And I'm supposed to be leaving next weekend. So that means I have exactly one week to figure out how I'm supposed to get this fixed, and I have a very strong feeling the solution involves me returning to Chicago some day next week and applying for a new visa. How exactly am I supposed to get there? I can't ask my mom to ask off more work, when she already asked off once last week to go get it the first time, and she's asking off Friday of next week to take me to Chicago to fly out.
I'd have to time applying for the visa just right so that I could just pick the visa up when I went back to Chicago. But that means we'd have to arrive in Chicago before 4:30 on Friday. That won't work because Rich is going to work on Friday. But I don't have enough time for them to send it back to me. I'm afraid it won't get home in time before I leave.

But who knows, maybe they'll tell me I just have to send my passport back and they'll fix it. But again, that leaves the problem of it arriving in time for me to take it.

I guess there's not much point in worrying until I hear back from the embassy. I e-mailed TaLK, KNU, and the embassy. So far, only TaLK has replied. They told me I had to get it fixed or I could not go.

No comments:

Post a Comment