Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 81

My kids are so cute!
Agnes and Rosemary saw the book we were going to be reading at the beginning of class and started doing exactly what I was planning on doing. It was so cute that I had to record it. (I was planning on posting it, but blogger is still having issues with uploading things)

I also had to teach by myself today because Chaewan was sick. I thought it was going to be a disaster, but it really wasn't all that bad. Things didn't go smoothly, but they never do on Thursdays. First/second graders were running all over the classroom. Third/fourth graders were mostly okay. We changed units to job, so there was a lot of new vocabulary. I had flash cards, and I tried to make it interesting by showing the kids the flash card and asking questions to find out what the job was. The kids liked it when I remembered what the jobs were after we went through the cycle once "Is it a doctor?" "Yeah" "Police officer?" "Yeah!" "Nurse?" "YEAH!" "Pilot?" "YEAH!!!" etc. I was having so much fun, class ran over by five minutes. Fifth/sixth graders, we just had a video day because they were way too wound up and I was way too worn out. The problem with that was that the videos they watched were all in Korean, because naver loads a lot faster than youtube, and the only words I could understand were the cuss words.

We also had workers coming in and out of the classroom all day because my classroom has access to the roof. I had to stop a few 1st/2nd graders from going out there. I also gave 10,000won to one of my 2nd graders because she lost her money and spent all of class crying about it. I don't know what the money was for, but she seemed really upset by it, and it was only $10. Quite a bit for a 2nd grader to need, but maybe it was for books or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment