Thursday, October 15, 2009

Days 62-75 (Picture Post)

I got in trouble for not posting a blog update. Eep!
I've been meaning to post, but when I want to, I don't have the time, and when I do have the time, I don't feel like it.

Currently, I don't feel like it. So I'll just post some pictures of my life here in Korea.
(Click pictures to make it bigger)

Two second graders, Agnus and Jessie, playing around before class. The candy Jessy is eating whistles when you blow through it.

Wednesday night conversation group. The four 'princesses', Hyeonju, Can't remember!, myself, and SungEun. Our 'servant', MinKyu, is taking the picture.

My 5th/6th grade class on a Thursday afternoon, eating slushies that my co-teacher bough before class started. That was a bad day.

Very pretty view of the country.

Bell house or something like it by a temple.

Underwater tomb of King Munmu. He wanted to become a water dragon after he died so that he could protect Korea from Japanese invaders.

Astronomical observatory in southern Korea.

Gongju had a big festival to celebrate the chestnut harvest. They had a very large light up display on the river.

Also at the festival. the bridge was very lit up with lamps shaped like the ancient Baekje diadems.

Heidi walking among our 1st/2nd grade class on Monday, looking at what they were drawing.

5th/6th grade class on Monday, playing a game. I say a sentence, each team has to write the sentence, with each member writing only one word and then passing the marker to the next person.

One of my 4th graders, Kevin. He likes to stay after his class and draw on the white board. It says "Kayla :heart: Max". My name, however, is spelled wrong. Kind of cute though.

Friday afternoon conversation group (Jess, Nancy, Angela). We went to a coffee shop and were a little buzzed from that. The following pictures were to relieve stress from midterms (which I didn't have to take!)
This picture makes me laugh. They were both laying down, so I thought it was cute. But right as I took the picture, Nancy looked up. She looks as if she's trying to steal something from Angela.

1 comment: