Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Days 82-85

Friday, I had to go to Cheonan for a TaLK training session. It was really boring and stupid, but I got to see a lot of my friends, so that was good.

Afterwards, I came home for a conversation group. We had Vietnamese food. It was good.


Saturday, I hiked to one of the peaks in the Gyeryongsan ridge. Jina, Miok, Daniel, and I all went. I had a lot of fun. It was so beautiful when we got to the top! It took us 7 hrs to get to the top and back down. Jina was pretty worn out. The rest of us were just crazy. I think we were all a little dehydrated, so our legs were shaking and we kept saying the silliest stuff and laughing non-stop. Daniel said he wanted to suck the sap out of a maple tree (talking about syrup), so Miok called him a tree vampire. It stuck. Daniel is now the tree vampire. Jina got the nick-name "One-woman gang". I am "Crazy hiker girl" and Miok is just "crazy girl!"

On Sunday, Jina, Eunmi, and I went to Everland, an amusement park. My legs were really sore from the day before, but I still had a lot of fun. I got to ride on the steepest rollercoaster in the world, at a 77degree angle desent.
I also got extra candy because I'm a foreigner! We went on a stamp scavenger hunt (sort of), and when we turned our sheets in, Jina and Eunmi only got one piece of each item. I, however, got three bars of chocolate, three sticker sheets, and a handful of hard candies.
I also bought a really cute witch hat hair clip. I must say though, it looks much cuter on Rose.

Monday, I didn't do much. School was good. Bingo, describing jobs, and writing stories about Halloween characters. I also tried teaching one of my 4th graders how to knit, because she bought some yarn and needles at a shop so she could learn to make a scarf. It was kind of cute. She really didn't get it.

Today, we did Halloween stuff at school! For the younger kids, we made animal masks, since they were learning about animals. For the two older classes, I had them try and find 15 ghosts I cut out and hid around the classroom. I think the kids enjoyed that. They also got candy.
Daniel wasn't teaching today because his school is closed for cleaning because of Swine Flu (My school will be closed until Sunday for cleaning), so he came to school with me today to see stuff. After school, we went for dinner and then shopping. Dinner was alright. Not the best, but okay.

I really like the other side of the river. They have a lot more shops and the shops have better stuff. I bought three pairs of socks, and a headband. I bought socks with JunPyo, from "Boys over Flowers", and socks with Kang Ho Dong and MC Mong from "1 night, 2 days".
Daniel bought a cell phone charm and lots of groceries! We went to a grocery store and he couldn't seem to stop buying things! Then when he was checking out, he said "When did I put at in there? I don't remember buying cheese." He's a total shopaholic when it comes to groceries.
We walked back from the grocery store because it was close and Daniel didn't want to pay for the bus ride back. It was a little cold, but nice. I enjoyed seeing more of the city and learning my way around.

When I got home, Jina had another gift for me. A cute turtleneck that I was wanting! It has cute puffy sleeves, but I don't have anything that will show them off. I guess that means I just have to go shopping again! ^^

4 comments:

  1. Wow! 7 hours, I would have loved that hike. The animal masks are cute. Do you think maybe she wasn't getting the knitting because you are a lefty? or doesn't that matter with knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask is Eunmi your new roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she wasn't getting it because it was completely new. There is a 'lefty' way to knit, but I never learned how because Grammy is right-handed, and she taught me. A lot of people seem shocked that I knit right-handed. I just think it feels comfortable.

    And yeah, Eunmi is my new roommate. She's the momma in our family. I'm the fix-it dad and Jina is the rebelious daughter who never goes to class! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it about time for a new update for those that follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete