Sunday, November 8, 2009

Days 86-98

Well, Mom says it's time for another blog update.

Oct. 29-30, I went on a trip with the Tourism English Interpretation department to Oedo (pronounced way-do). It was alright, but the island felt very fake to me. It was just a bunch of foreign (normal to me) plants that a couple had planted on the island. The gardens were very exciting to the Korean students, but it felt just like gardens back home so nothing special. The view from the island was very beautiful though!
And the next day, we went to a temple. Temples are all the same after you see the first one, but the mountains are still beautiful.

Saturday was Halloween. Eunmee and I went to Suwon for a party some TaLK scholars from Chungbuk were planning. There were a lot of people and I had fun. All night long, Eunmee was being followed by creepers. I felt bad for her, but she didn't seem to mind all that much.
The party didn't end until 4am. Instead of searching for a place to stay, we went to the train station and chilled there for two hours until the first subway to Cheonan arrived. From Cheonan, we took the bus home to Gongju, and then Eunmee and I slept pretty much all day.

Monday, there were no KNU classes, so I didn't have a conversation group, and I received a text saying no TaLK classes all week because of swine flu. That was fantastic, since I got a cold sometime between the Halloween party and Monday. (Probably from not bringing my coat with me to the party. It's cold outside at 4am!)

I was sick all week, and felt pretty bad, so I canceled all of my conversation groups and just spent time at home resting. I started knitting a Christmas gift and I hope to have it done by the end of the month so I can send it home. After a week of doing nearly nothing, I feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment