Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 16

Start of day 17, but I was too tired to post last night.

Yesterday, we were assigned groups for our demo class. Mark is in my group, but his missed our planning class because he was sleeping. Our topic is "the body" which is pretty easy. I have to do the introduction/warm-up and then I get to pretend to be a student. We are presenting first, which means I'll be getting this thing over and done with.

All the rest of my classes yesterday were extremely boring and they were all in a hall in the library, with all the TaLK scholars together. They talked about what a TaLK scholar had to do and went over some official stuff. I personally thought they should have done that in the first week, instead of the last week. Warren sat in front of me and to the left and he said he couldn't stop falling asleep during the lectures, so for the second two after lunch, I would kick his chair when I saw him falling asleep. He said thanks. ^_^
I also asked him if he had FB, and he said he had just gotten it but he doesn't know how to search for people. However, I searched for him and all the results I get are for girls named Kim Warren.

On lunch break, I had an hour between finishing lunch and when our next lecture started. I didn't want to go back over the hill to my dorm, because then I would have to come back and I didn't want to be late, so I wandered around the library taking pictures. I ended up going up to the fourth floor, where I found a museum! The exhibit was about ancient maps. I couldn't read anything, but I had fun walking around and looking. When I first got there, the guy said hello (in Korean of course) and then kept talking, but I had no idea what to do. I just sort of smiled and looked confused. Then he gave me the pamphlet for the museum and gestured to go in.
It was pretty neat and took up about 40 minutes. After that, I went back to our hall, and talked with Salvador, one of the guy I went to Noraebang with. He is also in intermediate Korean class, so he talked about what they covered on Monday because I didn't go.

I really meant to go to Korean class last night as well. But after dinner, I heard the guys in GoPoom practicing, so I went down to visit with them and before I knew it, it was 7:35 and class was already started. Ji and I were supposed to go to the movies last night as well, but the show started at 8:45 and she wanted to meet the guys in GoPoom. So she came over, and then we didn't leave there until about 8:15. After signing out and all that, we realized there was no way we could walk to the theater in time. Instead, we went to Dunkin' Donuts and got coolattas. While we were drinking them there, we talked about all the people in class we don't like and what types of people look better.

After leaving there, we wandered over to the basketball courts on campus and watched some people playing. They were all pretty bad. -_-u I can't wait to get home this winter and watch some Cougar B-Ball.

I guess that was about all I did yesterday. I'm very tired today though. I didn't want to wake up and I still don't want to be awake. I guess I'm dreading the demo class presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment