Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 1

Well, it's technically the start of day 2 for me, but I was too tired to post about it last night.

My flight arrived at 5am in Incheon, and after an hour of going through customs and finding my bags, I exited into the arrival lobby, and saw Jina waiting for me! I was very very happy about that and I couldn't stop smiling. I spent most of yesterday saying "I can't believe I'm actually in Korea!"

The bus ride from the airport to KyungHee University in SuWon was about an hour ride.
After we arrived at the university, Jina helped me unpack my bags and then we went out for a little bit. We had a drink at Dunkin' Donuts and then went to 7-eleven and we had Korean snack foods (pear juice, chocolate covered cheerios in yogurt, and Kimbab). We then went back to my dorm room, and Jina went to sleep. I stayed up and checked out things on the internet.

After about two hours, HunYong called and said that he and YoSun were at the fountain by the main gate, so Jina and I headed out to meet them. It was really really great to see them again. It felt like no time had passed since the last time we were together.

HunYong was starving and I was quite hungry myself, so we went to a noodle shop. I didn't know what to order, so they ordered the same thing for me, Ice Noodles (it's actually served with ice in the soup!).
The serving was HUGE! This picture is actually what I had left that I couldn't eat. It was so spicy, but very delicious. And I learned that I fail at chopstick.


After we had our noodles, we went to a bakery, and bought a cheesecake, to celebrate my birthday from a week ago.
The cheesecake was so good!
I felt like I had such amazing friends, because they were spending money on me since I don't have any Korean money yet. (I'm getting some today since we are going to the bank as part of orientation)


Around 5, Jina, HunYong, and YoSun all headed to the bus stop to go back to their homes. I said goodbye to them at the bus stop and then walked back to my dorm room (walking around campus with Jina really helped to learn where everything was).
I forced myself to stay awake for one more hour, even though I was really really tired.
I ended up going to bed at 6pm, and I didn't wake up until 7am. I feel very refreshed now and ready to start my second day in Korea!


More pictures:
My airplane food. It's Bi-Bim-Bap. Rice and stir-fried veggies. It was very good.







These claw toy machines were just out on the street. I thought they were funny, so Jina made me play, even though I told her I was terrible at them. I didn't end up getting anything.









Pika Pika!
This is the type of bread they gave me for breakfast (although not with the pokemon plastic). It was a very thick and rich bread. I wasn't expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment